Friday 8 June 2012

Sewing Stuff and Beautiful Suitcases!

Hello Crafters

How's everyone doing this morning? I'm feeling pretty happy with myself as I made that top below in one day and got a dress about half-made. Not too shabby.

Now, one might say that organization is not exactly my forte. And if someone said that they would be being exceptionally generous. For example, this is how I stored my fabric and supplies until about two days ago:
I'm not even kind of kidding.
 Let me break it down for you so you can see what I'm working with:



Not so good, especially with a baby on the way. I can count about 150 death traps in that little stash. I was looking (in a very disciplined manner, and it did not take 12 hours) on pinterest for some ideas on repurpose-friendly and fashionable ways to store all of this crap. I found this from Ink Spot Workshop:


Pinned Image




Admittedly mine are not nearly as beautiful on the inside but they do the trick, keeping everything organized and easy to reach when I need it. Now more rifling through one bag after another then finally giving up and using a rollerball pen instead of chalk.

Found these beauties at a thrift store:
.
With a total price of 15$ I couldn't have asked for a better deal. I actually felt kind of guilty...

However the organization could only go so far. I piled my unpurposed fabric into the case and organized project specfic fabrics by labeling masking tape and sticking to the bottom of a shopping bag. Class, class, class.

In the spirit of repurposing I recycled the crap out of every container in my house with a good lid and used them for all my supplies. The cereal box is for current projects.

My cat certainly seems to approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!