Hello Foxy Crafters,
I have decided to start a challenge for the year of 2013. Now this kind of thing always makes me nervous as my health is very unpredictable. Right now I feel great but at anytime feeling great could end and I could be stuck in bed for days, weeks, even years. The fear that that might happen was almost enough of a reason to not make this commitment but you know what? I'm so sick and tired of living with my head down in case my symptoms flare and I have to drop everything. What would be the point of periods of near remission I didn't take advantage of them? So, without further ado I bring you...
The Wildeman Holiday Challenge 2013
1. Make a complete, themed, non-traditional outfit for my baby boy for every major, and some minor, holidays (see the list below).
2. Every item in the outfit must be refashioned.
3. Each outfit may cost no more than 25$
4. I will post the outfit and it's tutorial at least 10 days prior to the holiday, that way you guys can have a go at it if you want.
5. Include total cost and full tutorial in each post.
February 14th - Valentines Day
March 17th - St. Patty's Day
March 20th - Spring Equinox
March 31st - Easter Sunday
June 21st - Summer Solstice
July 1st - Canada Day
July 4th - Independence Day
September 22nd - Fall Equinox
October 31st - Halloween
November 11th - Rememberence Day
December 21st - Winter Solstice
December 25th - Christmas
December 31st - New Years
Any other holiday suggestions?
Wish me luck and check back for each themed tutorial. Hopefully these will inspire both your creativity and mine and give me the oppurtunity to learn new sewing skills. Each challenge post will be tagged "Wildeman Holiday Challenge".
And here we go...